HRD and AOML scientists participated in the 70th Interdepartmental Hurricane Conference/Tropical Cyclone Operations and Research Forum. HRD scientists presented or were coauthors on 6 of the 39 presentations. Shirley Murillo and Frank Marks chaired two session and Sundararaman Gopalakrishnan chaired a panel discussion on “What are the most promising short-term and long-term steps we can take to improve operational tropical cyclone forecast models?”.
- Critical Operational Information Technology: HRD plans in support of ATCF and AWIPS2: Frank Marks
- Research to Operations (R20) Activities: HRD: Sundararaman Gopalakrishnan (Gopal)
- JHT Project 1: Guidance on Observational Undersampling over the Tropical Cyclone Lifecycle: Dave Nolan (UM/RSMAS)
- JHT Project 4: Improvements to the Tropical Cyclone Genesis Index (TCGI): Jason Dunion (UM/CIMAS/AOML)
- JHT Project 6: Probabilistic Prediction of Tropical Cyclone Rapid Intensification Using Satellite Passive Microwave Imagery: Chris Rozoff (U of Wisc./CIMSS)
- Observing Systems: What should our operational airborne “fleet” comprise in 2030?: Robert Rogers (HRD)
The agenda and links to all presentations are online at: