The HFIP Workshop on Prediction of Tropical Cyclone Rapid Intensity Change (RIC) and Annual Review Meeting were held at the University of Miami Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science (RSMAS), Miami, FL from 18-20 November, 2014. The agenda, presentations, and background information are available at http://www.hfip.org/events/annual_meeting_nov_2014/.
The goals of the Workshop on Prediction of Tropical Cyclone Rapid Intensity Change (RIC) were to:
- Assess current capabilities for numerical and statistical prediction of RIC, including emphasis on rapid intensification
- Identify short-term (0-1 year) and long-term (1-3 year) potential improvements of RIC prediction
The HFIP Annual Workshop consisted of three parts:
- Reports from each of the strategic and tiger teams on activities and results from 2014 and plans for 2015
- A couple of reports on activities relevant to the later discussions
- A discussion of priorities for a reduced project